Author Topic: puny seedlings  (Read 1396 times)

Justy

• Hectare
puny seedlings
« on: May 11, 2005, 21:27:39 »
I am trying to grow a load of plants for charity plant sale so have sown loads of packets of mainly annual seeds.  On the whole they have germinated nicely.  I have pricked out the ones in seed trays and the rest are in roomy modules. 

My problem/concern is that they don't seem to be growing very fast.  I am now worried that I left it too late to sow them. (About 3 or 4 weeks ago). They are living either in the house or in one of those covered grow racks on covered south deck.  The fete is on 2nd July - do you think I will have anything worth selling?   :(

btw - seeds are gazanias, salvias, dimpsomethings, calendula, californian poppies, gaillardia

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
Re: puny seedlings
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:25:05 »
I think you were a little late in sowing but July is also late for selling - the end of this month is the norm.

So you could be ok, provided we get some good weather for the salvias, gazanias and gaillardias - I've not heard of "dimpsomethings" (but have eaten dimsum in a Chinese restaurant  ;))

The californian poppy and calendula do object to root disturbance - if you pricked these out, I would sow some more now (there's still time) 2 -3 seeds per module and do not prick out.

Phil

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal