Author Topic: Frosted spuds  (Read 7458 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Frosted spuds
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2005, 13:17:27 »
I know that Phil (the potato guru) will forgive me for this,  & I'm not saying that I disagree, but these were the aforementioned varieties in the Cotswolds. Half eaten!

The Franceline are the red ones.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 13:20:06 by tim »

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2005, 13:52:06 »
Elkebee, I have 3 international kidney (aka jersey royals) seed spuds you can have if you can collect from oxford  :D
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2005, 14:43:59 »
Tim,

As ever, you have shown what can be done!! When did you harvest last of the crop?

My concern is that frost will curtail (or stop even!) the growth before there is a decent sized crop.

Phil

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 19:15:38 »
They were sound (surprisingly) way into the frosts. Coming up frozen!

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2005, 13:05:14 »
I went up to the lottie last night to plant leeks (no room left in the frame!) and peeked under the fleece at the poor frosted spuds. And they're regenerating very fast! Lots of new little shoots already, so I'm much cheered up by this.  The chair of the allotment committee suggested they'd be put back a couple of weeks, so I figure it's one way of getting successional crops  ;D

Now all we have to do is hope for more rain - too dry and cold for anything to germinate well at the moment

moonbells

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal