Author Topic: Did Ozzy lose the plot ... ?  (Read 2742 times)

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
Did Ozzy lose the plot ... ?
« on: February 19, 2004, 22:22:39 »
Please put us out of our misery Ozzy (or have I missed it?)

DID YOU GET THE LOTTIE PLOT?[/b]

AC x
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
Re: Did Ozzy lose the plot ... ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:59:40 »
Well think of us townies and their lotties, dude!  My plot is on a site surrounded on all sides by roads - in my experience when you're communing with nature - you can't hear the noise - you concentate on the robins and the kestrels.....and the dragonflies!

There was a moment last year when a helicopter landed on the playing fields nearby that the issues pollution (noise and air) was brought home to me!!  :-/  
I've tuned out of the ambulances that whizz by regularly, blues and twos full pelt.

You know my view, man - growing anywhere is better than not gowing at all!  

Let us know what decision you make  :D

AC x
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:02 by -1 »

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 16:04:32 »
I can understand you point of view Oz.  A lot of work and love is invested in your lottie plot, and though it would be lovely for a while, would you feel really whole hearted about working it, knowing that it was only for a short while?  It could be very bitter sweet when you know you will eventually have to give it up.  :'(

Sometimes in life you have to move on, and perhaps having a new site that you could, long term commit to, would be a better thing to do.  It would be lovely to have somewhere you had a future with and you could feel relaxed and secure and enjoy it more.  If I were you I think I would wait for another one and start afresh.  :)  But you have to go with what feels right for you.  busy_lizzie
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
live your days not count your years

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 17:19:06 »
Hey Oz - it's dry but bl**dy freezing here - 3 degrees with a MEGA windchill !  Had me hair cut this morning so feeling the cold - where is that hat!

You know me and gardening, man - it's the act of gardening that brings me joy, not where I do it.    (Ooooooooh!  Sounds saucy!)   :o

AC x

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 20:18:09 »
Vol sector sounds good !  

Get on to the council Oz and give them a hard time.  Just tell them what you've said to us - concerns about pollution etc.  Might make you feel good, if nothing else!

We are losing allotment sites at a shocking rate round here - even though this council does allegedly have an 'allotment strategy'.  I don't suppose they reinvest as much in the remaining sites as they do from disposal of the land ...

I'm gonna grow spuds in pots and bags in the back yardie this year - lost the lot up the lottie!  Already have Charlotte chitting in the greeny ......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal