Author Topic: THANKYOU  (Read 5506 times)

Derek

• Acre
Re: THANKYOU
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 19:53:50 »
Hi

This post has stirred up a few memories for me too.

My father (a submariner HMS Traveller) was lost in October 1942 when I was twelve months old...how can you miss someone you never knew...but you do!

Doris...My Uncle Joe (Mums elder brother) was in the Pioneer Corps and was also there in the clear up at Belson..  was one aspect of his experiences he never related

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 20:37:44 »
Hi  :(

My wife and I went to the VE day exhibition in the library. It was focused on named peoples own stories. I am often reminded that when we see ordinary people in the street, just living their lives that they each have their own stories to tell but often these remain untold. They may have had their own moments of heroism on their own terms, overcome challenges and surprised even themselves with their own abilities, selflessness or resolve.

We don`t know all the individual stories of heroism but thank you to all those with private stories and the grief and burdens they still bring.

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 22:45:33 »
 :) My Dad God Bless Him ;D

Gadfium

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 23:28:37 »
My uncle survived the war in the Pacific.  The grave of my Grandad's brother lies amid the poppy fields of France, and I've sat & wept by the headstone.  My Grandad survived (air-support), but could never speak about what happened,  & would fight panic at the sight of a coal fire. One evening in 1941 his friends made the airfield, but the plane broke-up on landing; they found my Grandad trying to dig his friends out of the runway, in the dead of night... the part of him that died with them, never returned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal