Author Topic: What is this plant?  (Read 4227 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: What is this plant?
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 19:46:22 »
Not wishing to put a damper on things, but the individual flowers are not right for either Hydrangea petiolaris nor for a relative Schizophragma hydrangeoides. They do not have stamens like those in your picture.
Both of these are climbing plants which will grow well on a North facing wall in semi-shade. Mine does wonderfully well between a damson tree and the Work shed.
That still leaves the problem of what you plant actually is though.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 19:52:41 »
Oh dear Eric !!  So I am nowhere near a solution .... Had a look on google and it does not look like that neither .. ??? ::)
Not sure where to plant it and I will have to take a chance and plant it in a pot against the fence.  Thanks to you all once again.  :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 20:42:11 »
:) Ho Hum Mariane, thought we had it sorted there, I have to admit the book I have since looked in is very maybe/maybe not sorry  :'( As you say just go for it in a big pot for now & see what it does  ??? see if you get any berries for starters.  :) Take  some more pics later on & post them & maybe we can all try again  ??? ;D  ;D ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 21:07:22 »
I must say I'm pleased you have moved away from the hydrangea theory. I thought na way on the flowers.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 21:23:27 »
 ;D :D  I will plant it in a very large pot - Will also take more photos soon - flowers have nearly all died down but leaves are beautiful ! Thanks again.  ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 07:48:33 »
:) I still think the flowers look like the lace cap hydrangea even if the rest doesn't we shall have to get thinking caps on  ::)
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal