Author Topic: Ducks on my pond......  (Read 2326 times)

dragonfly

• Not So New ...
Ducks on my pond......
« on: April 30, 2005, 12:55:02 »
For the last few years we have had a pair of ducks (i presume they are the same pair) visit our pond on a regular basis.

Here is a photo of them last year on our old pond. 

Earlier this month we made a new, bigger pond on the other side of the garden, and filled the old one in .......  within a couple of days, i was in the garden when splash!.......yep the pair had landed on the new one.

As i type this and look out of the window the pair are out there and are happily swimming around.........nope change that i just had another look, they are both 'sitting' there resting with their heads resting on their backs..........   :D 

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
Re: Ducks on my pond......
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 13:12:41 »
Awwwww they are lovely.  They must be very settled with you dragonfly  :)

I get odd visits now and then, they dont go in my pond because its far too small, they just tend to sit on the font lawn, but ive not seen them around for a while.

We have canals and resorvoirs nearby so there are a lot of geese and ducks flying overhead, the  traffic in the sky gets very busy indeed  :)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 20:19:29 »
 :D :D :D

About 5 yrs ago I had a pair of Mallards visit our Pond and enjoyed their visits.  They stayed around most of the day eating at my kitchen door when I gave them a shout and then back to the Pond for a quick dip.  They preened themselves and slept and made love and generally made themselves at home until dusk.  Each night they returned to the local riverbank I think....  I named them Donald and Gertie.  I know daft names eh...?     The only downside was our pond was a terrible mess with them stirring up the muck off the bottom and generally doing what ducks do.  This happened for 2 summers but have not seen them since.
Enjoy them.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 21:53:45 »
Beautiful pond !!

We live between two rivers and every day, Mr and Mrs Mallard come to feed on wet bread.  They are gorgeous birds and I believe they mate for life.  :D :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal