Author Topic: Bargain of the weekend?  (Read 1510 times)

wivvles

• Half Acre
  • This week I 'ave mostly been digging...
Bargain of the weekend?
« on: May 04, 2005, 07:42:28 »
Just back online after a long bank holiday weekend - one of the kids managed to give me a nasty cold so nothing major done down the allotment!!!  >:(

On BH Monday Mrs Wivvles dragged us all out to the monster car boot sale.  After trudging round various stalls and looking at piles of junk I came across a chap selling - well, junk, to be honest.  There was a pile of old tools to one side, so I rummaged through and pulled out a rusty looking object about 12 inches long, with a wooden handle.  Before I could say a word, the chap said  "That's a boot scraper - you can have it for 20p".  I duly gave him the coin and wandered off.  Mrs Wivvles looked down her nose at me - "Why do you want a boot scraper?".  "I don't want a boot scraper - but I do want this onion hoe..."

Half an hour or so with some sandpaper and an oily rag and it's not as good as new - but it's a bloody bargain!!!!! ;D
Nagaraeba
Mata kono goro ya
Shinobaremu
Ushi to mishi yo zo
Ima wa koishi

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Bargain of the weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 09:19:23 »
;D What a bargain well done ;D its great when that happens as gardening tools at car boots can fetch a good price secondhand. 8)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal