Author Topic: Is it me or is everything late this year?  (Read 1764 times)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
Is it me or is everything late this year?
« on: April 28, 2005, 16:59:23 »
My tomatoe plants in my cold greenhouse are small, my petunias are still in there seedling stage, so are my marigolds. As in my other thread my onion sets have not been planted yet, my shallots went in on monday because it was not raining or to wet. Since monday it has been raining on and off, and the ground has been wet. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this is so frustraiting. >:(  I have normall got onions 5 inches tall by now. They are still in the shed waiting to be put out. >:( The slugs have ate my lettuce, the pigeons have buchered the caulies. >:( The only thing I have on my plot is shallots. I MUST! get down there on friday and spend all next week down there to get caught up. I am going to do something wrong and that is to use the rotovator on the top end of my plot. It does have couch grass in places but what I will have to do is to fetch it out when it appears. I hope everything catches up. Am I the only one that is late. I live in staffordshire, stoke-on-trent.
Be kind to slugs and snails!

the_snail

• Hectare
Re: Is it me or is everything late this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 17:05:04 »
Still if everything was simple and the weather behaved as it should do then it would not be as much fun.   :P

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 10:43:23 »
I have just popped down the lottie to drop off some stuff in the compost bin and looked around and thought that nothing seemed to be doing very well.  No show carrots (see other thread) potatoes only just gone in, rhubarb all yellow and holey, strawberries only just showing green and peas that look like they are being nibbled!

The one thing that is doing well are the french bean plants in my growing rack at home - expecting a giant to appear down one any day now.

the_snail

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 10:59:23 »
:( sad to hear about ya crops. So I aint the only one  :-\

the_snail

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 11:00:40 »
There is time for you to plant more seed and peas.

the_snail

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 22:18:57 »
Ps Got all My maincrop onions in now

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 23:44:23 »
My Marigolds are growing fast (thanks MagpieDi), but my petunias and shoo flys are still tiny!  My toms and sunflowers are gigantic, but the slugs have eaten my watermelons AGAIN!  Today I noticed my first spear of asparagus poking through the ground when others on our site have been enjoying theirs for weeks!  I keep telling myself things will catch up and regulate, so am trying not to worry, but really want to get some room cleared in the greenhouse so my peppers can romp away!

the_snail

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 21:29:02 »
Room in the greenhouse over here is very very slim! Its full of flowers and Veg and I want to put some more stuff in there soon. Its to small ::) I need a bigger one!! (Greenhouse that is  ;D)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal