General > News

Your allotment

(1/2) > >>

Chloe:
Well, the growing season is well under way now.  What crops are doing really well, on your plot, and what crops are you a bit disappointed in?

Ideal growing conditions with all these showers and plenty of slugs and snails about.  Do you have any tips on how to combat these dreaded pests?

Admin aka Dan:
Chloe,

Good to see you back online.

bugboy:
The Broad Beans we put in (November 2002) are now doing really well (check out my web site for pictures !). Also the onions, garlic and shallots. Last year our courgettes were quite big by May, but so far this year , they have not even germinated.

snuffyzee:
Well it's our first year and it is a bit of a mixed bag so far... the slugs ate all the lettuce, the sunflowers and my sweet peas (although the sweet peas are making a bit of a comeback).

Anyway, the spuds are doing pretty well, as well as the courgettes, spinach and radish - plus the red lettuce is flourishing. Yah boo to slugs.

:P

Chloe:
Have to say everything is doing really well at the moment.  Was looking at the runners, this morning, and think they could do with a feed of something, not sure what I am going to give them yet :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version