Author Topic: Help with germinating  (Read 1541 times)

Marianne

• Hectare
Help with germinating
« on: April 28, 2005, 21:30:10 »
Maybe this is a subject which has already been discussed before on these boards so I do apologise if this is a repeat... ::)

I had planted my coriander seeds in a tray, as you do, about 7 days ago and was waiting impatiently for them to germinate.  Patience is not my best asset....

Yesterday, I had enough waiting and decided to dig them out of the tray and "crack" them open in two, and then replanted them. 

I then went out and when I came back home about 4 hours later, the seeds has sprouted!!!!  I still cannot believe it has happened so very quickly !! :o ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
Re: Help with germinating
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 22:26:35 »
Wow!!!! :o

I planted mine about a week ago ( mind you it is still a bit too cold)

I might just have to try that one

Loz
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 23:12:30 »
Good luck to you !
 :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 01:32:03 »
Some time ago I watched a gardeners world episode where an Asian Lotty holder said he always crunched his coriander seeds between two paving slabs before he planted them because he was too tight to plant them whole.  He also planted culinary coriander seeds from a supermarket packet.  We tried these and they do grow but only really if you want to harvest the seeds.  The leaves are not up to much.  BewaRE.  It makes you really hungry when you start weeding round your seedlings.  What I have saved on paying out for veggies I have spent on buying Indian take aways !!
Get with the beat Baggy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal