Author Topic: All 302 onion sets planted today!!!! Yipeeeee  (Read 1557 times)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
All 302 onion sets planted today!!!! Yipeeeee
« on: April 29, 2005, 22:05:11 »
Just let you all know I planted all my white onion set today. It took me 6 hours that is with hand digging, incorparating manure and planting to onions. Also had 4 ton of very nice cow and strraw manure. I have had a really good day and am VERY VERY pleased my onions are in!  ;D ;D Its just me spuds and me Broad Beans and peas next, then it will be sowing the carrots ect out side. Just need to sow some caugettes in the Greenhouse, and some sweetcorn, my red onions, prick out and pot up me cabages, then sort out me lobelias and marigolds then I goto do ...........................

PS I got sunburn whilst working down the allotment today.  ::) Forgot to put sunscreen on. Well I never gave it a thought. It has been the first real sunny day hear in ages. My face looks a bit like the smilie red with sunburn  :-[
Be kind to slugs and snails!

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
Re: All 302 onion sets planted today!!!! Yipeeeee
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 22:50:58 »
Hurrah, glad you finally got them in  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 23:39:16 »
Wow!  Good for you.  Was a glorious day, just perfect to be outside.  I assume you have 101 good onion recipes to use 302 onions!!   ;D ;D

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 15:40:40 »
Yup Onion soup, Onion Gravey, Onion saurce, Raw Onion, Cornflakes with raw onion :D ...........
Be kind to slugs and snails!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal