Author Topic: Woodland glade  (Read 2022 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Woodland glade
« on: April 24, 2005, 17:17:19 »
My woodland glade which divides the main part of the garden from the kids play space.  Very heavily planted with 5 trees - an acer, an apple (unknown variety - dwarfing), a cherry (unknown variety - dwarf), weeping ornamental cherry, robinia.  Ground cover is provided by aquilegias, hostas, forget-me-knots, lots of ferns, bugle, pulmanaria, st. Johns wort, mahonia, bulbs, several different grasses, annuals like cornflowers and nigella and 2 big dandilions and do you think I can oik them out!  Not a chance!!!  The pics really do not do this shady patch justice.  The colour is lovely at the moment, give it a week once the aquis and nigellas start, it will be stunning!

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
Re: Woodland glade
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 18:47:57 »
Lovely pics EJ, I love a natural looking garden.

MM

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 22:24:06 »
Lovely EJ.  I like the informal look of the planting very much and I really love woodland plants.  I think the colours are the best, eg blue, yellow, lime green and white.  I have a woodland garden theme (not mine) in the quite formally set out front garden and it looks really peculiar if something comes up which shouldn't if it's pink or red.  It just doesn't look right

I've got dandelions and weeds but as long as they don;t get out of hand look quite right in that setting  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 09:59:49 »
Simply gorgeous!
gone to pot :D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!