Author Topic: Feral cats  (Read 2253 times)

maz

• Acre
Feral cats
« on: April 24, 2005, 20:15:33 »
Not sure where to put this but I suppose this is as good as anywhere.

Do you have feral cats on your allotments? Are they looked after by the lottie holders or left to fend completely for themselves?

We have a colony of about 8 at the mo just nearby although of course there are many many more which roam the site. Most have been neutered now and are only semi feral as they were born in the greenhouse next to mine and handled from a very early age..

Some of these have been rehomed since this pic was taken.

This is Marmo ( ginger) and his neice Rosie.

A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

Yellow Petals

Re: Feral cats
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 00:05:19 »
I love that second pic, it's so cute!

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 00:05:41 »
funny you should say this...

was visited by my allotment cat friend today - on my 1st floor balcony!
the house backs onto the allotments, i was out there and saw him/her walking about, called and s/he looked up. now normally, the cat would just meow a hello and look at me and move on. today, s/he jumped over a raspberry bed, onto a fence, from there onto a very rickety looking wooden  trellis and onto my balcony. i was amazed! came to cuddle with me, then didnt dare go down the same way s/he came up. i took the cat out through the house - s/he inspected all the rooms and then went downstairs to the front door.
not sure if this cat is a stray or not - in any case it is lovely and very well behaved and mature. looks very clean and also fed, so probably not stray....

*sigh* if only i was allowed to adopt it.

svea
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

maz

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 09:07:00 »
I secured £260 funding to pay for neutering at my local vet.

If they are sick they go to PDSA  cos one of the lottie holders is on benefits so the treatment is free.

I also have a little scheme going whereby I feed them for free.  ;D

Anyone who feels they want to do something should have a go. There are too many ferals being born espesh at this time of year.

btw we have a hole in our shed door to allow them in when the weather is bad. A big softie? me?  ::)   ;D

maz

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 09:09:40 »
Svea that doesnt sound like a feral does it?

Seems as though you are sharing a cat with someone. All the pleasure but none of the expense! lol.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal