Author Topic: Help with spares...  (Read 7604 times)

pixelated

• Not So New ...
Help with spares...
« on: April 24, 2005, 14:22:21 »
Hi all I'm new here, also new to allotments too. I am looking for spares for my rotavator. Its a Flymo Dm?, it has no other model numbers or name other than the transfer on the dirt guard. I'm after a drive belt and i think this other bit needs replacing too but don't know what its called. Its the little wheel that tentions the belt when you grip the lever to make the rotavator move.

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance...

*i could post a picture of the rotavator if it helps?*

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Help with spares...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 18:33:06 »
Welcome Pixilated, hope you find what you are looking for .  Why not Google?.

pixelated

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 19:26:42 »
Have tried that nothing. Not even a picture. if you have better luck pls help ty ;)

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 23:48:36 »
Try a local garden machinery repair shop - there's a couple around Leeds; they say they're for lawnmowers, but do all sorts of stuff.

Googling for "Flymo parts", "Flymo spares" threw up a few sites - but you may have already found them?

Good luck - Gavin

PS and try rotovators as well as rotavators?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 23:51:41 by gavin »

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 23:58:09 »
Also try rotorvators, cultivators and tillers. A flymo dealer should be able to help
ps. I think the wheel you're looking for is the clutch wheel, at least it is on my namesake

pixelated

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 20:40:15 »
Thanks for all your replies, i'm in the middle of fitting a fan belt from my local auto spares shop but its about an inch too big, so i'll try a smaller one sometime this week. As for local flymo dealers in my area = none except little hire shops and they just do mower parts and they said try the auto spare shops. If all else fails then i'm going to have to try further a field...

The little tention wheel will do for this growing season but more than likely have to be replaced over the winter.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 21:15:54 »
What exactly is wrong with the clutch wheel? a freindly engineer might be able to fix it ;)

pixelated

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 21:41:16 »
The tention wheel has a brass bush in the middle of the steel outer part of the tention wheel, the brass bush has either split or has a join running along it. Where it's shoulder stick out at one side, it has hit something and has twisted the shoulder and looks like it has ripped the circlip off the shaft the wheel spins on. The circlip holds the wheel central. Also the circlip on the other side is missing too. I'll take a photo this weekend and post it here if that's possible. I have not had chance to take the the fanbelt back to get a smaller replacement, but will keep you informed if all goes well as it my help other if they have a similar problem.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 21:53:35 »
Yes, a photo is a good idea, I might be able to help or at least make a suggestion

pixelated

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 13:58:29 »
Success, i've fixed the rotavator. I got a smaller belt (Goodyear 10AV537) and eased it over pulleys as it was tight, but once over it was really loose and the clutch wheel tensioned the belt lovely. The belt is a toothed type as i could not get a solid one, the tooth's will obviously wear down but i can adjust the tention at the leaver.

Here are the images of my rotavator:

The clutch wheel brass sleeve has totally had it now!. I got some old copper pipe with an olive compressed on it. Cut it so the clutch wheel was central to the belt and added a washer and new circlip to hold it on the shaft. The copper pipe is alittle smaller in size but not enough to damage the wheel and shaft as the copper will wear first. This should get me away this season.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 14:00:07 by pixelated »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal