Author Topic: A4A SAFETY OFFICER  (Read 5184 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: A4A SAFETY OFFICER
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 15:48:36 »
Good idea about the first aid kit.  My OH will need it probably sooner than later as he will probably have some sort of contretemps with a slasher or flame thrower, or set fire to himself lighting the bonfire with petrol.  Second thoughts an ambulance standing by might be more sensible  ;D

I just bought a small FA Kit - very compact job - for my B & B but it would be perfect for the lotty.  Cost about £7 from the stationers. 
I came, I saw, I composted

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 23:38:12 »
BUT does it include a bottle opener? Mine has been used at least once by a company that had a "do" and forgot to get one! ;D And then then thought I was a lush!!!!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 23:52:28 »
DP  I am well known for only carrying the minimum of stuff  When my OH and decide we can get away for a break the only item of luggage I pack is the corkscrew  ;D 

Last year when our town was being judged in the East Mids in Bloom Compy and the judges were in their huddle, my niece sidled in and asked if I;d got a corkscrew  ;D   Of course I had  ;D      I have a pic somewhere.   Here it is  :)   We entertain RHS judges on our allotment.  Elsewhere they get mayoral receptions  ;D

That's me going through my pockets.   
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 23:54:22 by wardy »

Yellow Petals

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 00:06:37 »
First aid box contents has been discussed before, about February I think. Advice on content came from the A4A members. Do a search.

For anybody who needs it:  http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/yabbse/index.php/topic,7594.0.html

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2005, 18:04:28 »
Doris and Wardy, you've reminded me...some years ago I had a Mazda 320, or somesuch number. Bright red it was. AND on the keyring was a handy beer-bottle opener...these Japs think of everything! Bliss on a hot drive. Just the ticket!! Eventually I sold the car on and that was when I consulted the manual to give the sales spiel...you know what?? It wasn't a beer bottle opener at all..................damned good substitute, tho......

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2005, 23:04:06 »
Lucky for me if I injure myself at the lottie, I am right next door to the hospital!  :)

This thread has reminded me to get my tetanus shot though - don't think I've ever had one! Always carry me mobile to the lottie just in case too.

And Sexy Snail's post about sunburn reminded me about sunscreen, which I think is an important part of your gardening kit. Skin cancer is not nice!
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 08:20:20 »

This thread has reminded me to get my tetanus shot though - don't think I've ever had one! Always carry me mobile to the lottie just in case too.

And Sexy Snail's post about sunburn reminded me about sunscreen, which I think is an important part of your gardening kit. Skin cancer is not nice!

SUCH GOOD ADVICE WE'LL SAY IT TWICE ;D ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2005, 09:28:22 »
When it's hot on the plot I always put my sun tan lotion on as I burn instantly  :o  Even on some quite cloudy looking days recently I've still burnt.  I even put sun tan lotion on the tips of my dog's tabs  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal