Author Topic: my lottie website  (Read 2607 times)

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
my lottie website
« on: April 20, 2005, 20:47:30 »
just started my lottie website. have now 'completed' the homepgae, still needs pics and the entire site is way from finishing, will take about another 4 weeks at least yet i think.

can i have some suggestions?? are the colours ok? the lay out, and do you think the links at the side are suitable??? all comments welcome. thx.

http://www.freewebs.com/plot15/Homepage.htm

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: my lottie website
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 21:20:59 »
Hello Adam. This is probably a flippin' cheek as I have no idea how to set up a website but you asked so here goes.  I think you need a slightly bolder font such as Arial Bold in 12 point at least.  I'm afraid I find the apple/mint green background quite insipid but I think that's down to my taste and nothing more.  And I found the mixture of imperial and metric measurements quite irritating.  I would suggest you stick to one or the other or ideally give the metric measurement first with imperial in brackets.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 21:24:29 »
Hello Adam. This is probably a flippin' cheek as I have no idea how to set up a website but you asked so here goes.  I think you need a slightly bolder font such as Arial Bold in 12 point at least.  I'm afraid I find the apple/mint green background quite insipid but I think that's down to my taste and nothing more.  And I found the mixture of imperial and metric measurements quite irritating.  I would suggest you stick to one or the other or ideally give the metric measurement first with imperial in brackets.

G xx

ok thanks for the reply, i willl bear in mind the colour change and will change the font.  yes sorry about the measurements, i was doing it in what i knew it was, ie the plot has been measured in metres, but sheds come in feet, will change it asap.  currently trying to set up a forum bit, hope you join!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 21:46:32 »
Just you wait - everyone else will say they love the colour!   ;D

I might join but I'd be a bit of a fraud.  I have no lottie and only a tiny garden.  Who are you hoping to attract?

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 10:27:27 »
Hi Adam.  I have to agree with Georgie about the colour, but suggest you don't settle for a permanent change till you've got some pictures on there to see how they stand out.

The font seems fines to me.  I don't mind about the measurements as I spend half my life in imperial and half in metric  for house stuff, gardening, sewing, baking - which also entails cup measurements to enliven things.

I like the subjects breakdown and look forward to more - including before, during and after pics of the whole thing and close-ups of specials.
Obxx - Vendée France

William O

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 11:05:08 »
Hi Adam,

Looks very good, I personally would opt for a more neutral background color and a more modern font like ariel or universe, but thats a matter of taste.

Best bit is you've divided the site into sections. My advice would be to keep the pages relatively empty and short.... If you know what I mean.

Looking forward to see the pics too...
Happy Gardening

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal