Author Topic: Donate button- do panic?    (Read 3814 times)

john_miller

• Hectare
Donate button- do panic?  
« on: January 31, 2004, 21:20:33 »
 I am not mounting a campaign against paying for this site but I would like to pass on something I found out yesterday. I don't know who provides the news headlines on msn.co.uk but over here MSN has an agreement with NBC to provide the headlines. One story I read yesterday concerned e-Bay and a problem some users are having with a shipment of antique furniture from China (it is sitting at San Fransisco dock waiting for the seller to come up with customs and shipping fees after an employee embezzled funds from them). Close to the end of the story it was mentioned that e-Bay did not need this bad publicity added to the litigation they are already embroiled in.
 Apparently e-Bay and PayPal (which is owned by e-Bay) are defendants in a 'class action' lawsuit alleging that PayPal did not send on monies they had collected from auction winners who chose to use their services. For those who not familiar with Americam jurisprudence, a class action lawsuit has already passed one legal hurdle. A judge will have already determined there is a sufficent number of similar complaints from many people that they can all be grouped together in a 'class' and that these complaints may indicate a recurring, possibly illegal, pattern.
 I miss a lot on these boards (a past reference to Norfolk hoe was alluded to today) so has Dan ever given details of the P.O. Box he proposed a while ago?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Donate button- do panic?  
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 22:03:53 »
Oh, dear! - and I was just going to offer something for sale on e-bay. Do often wish we could go back to the 'olden days' when a boy in a uniform, on a bicycle, would bring a message to your door, within a matter of hours, for 1/6d.

Norfolk hoe? - just possible it was on the beeb. = Tim
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:01 by -1 »

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 22:51:56 »
Norfolk hoe was mentioned somewhere here tim!  Maybe on new lottie member thread somewhere, not quite sure!

Kate
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:01 by -1 »
Muddy Boots

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 15:02:17 »
We still haven't solved the Norfolk hoe matter, have we? = Tim

I think it was in the  post entitled old fashioned chemicals, in the basics section John, when we were discussing getting them online  ;D  DP  
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 18:08:04 »
Hi Tim
I use eBay all the time and have done for years as both buyer and seller.  Can't say I've had any problems....so far!

AC x
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:02 by -1 »
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal