Author Topic: Drooling already!  (Read 2354 times)

undercarriage plan

Drooling already!
« on: June 09, 2005, 15:09:47 »
Dug up my first potatoes today!! Can't wait.  Dripping with butter and fresh mint!!  Blow the calories, going to stuff my face!!  Will have an orange after...!  I love this time of year. Mustn't get too excited, last year, lost the later crop to blight!! Lottie  ;D ;D ;D ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: Drooling already!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 15:15:13 »
I'm drooling now too!

Can't wait for mine to be ready - checked the firsts yesterday and they are about the size of peas! oh well - more water and more patience!
gone to pot :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 15:20:42 »
Sorry, feel really guilty now......! I'll just have to force myself to eat them whilst not enjoying it one bit?!!! Lottie  ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 15:34:41 »
tis alright - I'll be thinking of you when I'm still enjoying my new potatoes and yours ran out ages ago!  ;D
gone to pot :D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 15:40:02 »
Errrrrm she says in a very quiet voice, I have been eating mine nightly for a week now :-[  And YES loads of butter and mint, so Aqui when we are all the size of the Michelin man you can laugh at us! ;D  ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 17:51:56 »
mmmmmmh sounds lovely !  :P
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 19:42:01 »
Well, I'm a tad on the full side...!  You lucky thing DP, How did you manage that?!  I think a freshly dug new potato must be one of my favourite veggies.  Along side carrots, brocoli, beans, Coutgettes, sweet corn, cauliflower..........
Lottie  ;D ;D ;D ;D PS didn't have orange, mars bar ice cream!!!!!!!  :o

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 23:23:39 »
I have been eating mine nightly for a week now

Me too :D

I'll be thinking of you when I'm still enjoying my new potatoes and yours ran out ages ago

I think not, 2nd earlies will follow these :P

Suffolklad

• Quarter Acre
    • thewoolnoughs
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 07:51:08 »
We had our first strawberries yesterday.....and it was HEAVEN ! Lovely big plump juicy fruits and SO tasty !!

Add to that our first broad beans (cut young and sliced like runner beans), then the mature beans at the end of last week, lovely new potatoes, lots of salad stuff and of course omelettes from our own eggs and now the crowning glory of strawberries......................

ok, I'm hooked. This may be our first season of growing, but it certainly won't be our last.

We worked out last night that we are growing over 60 different varieties of fruit and veg....can't wait for the rest to come online !

Mike
They call it the "Good Life" but it's a b****y HARD life!

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 08:35:25 »
Last night we had freshly dug amandine new potatoes with a little gem lettuce and CCA salad, followed by strawberries (all from the plot)
YUM.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 09:55:05 »
Only had a few strawberries this year, but they were fantastic!!  About two a day, doesn't go far between six of us!!!! Trying to persuade kids that they'd much rather have a piece of lettuce........! Lottie  ;D ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 12:59:03 »
Dug up a bowl full of volunteer spuds today, all lovely and small and tender, and will be delish with the freshly picked lettuce, radish and cuke for tea!  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 17:46:42 »
Going from the sublime to the ridiculous, but I did very healthy last night so going to have an Indian Takeaway tonight!!!! Haven't got time to go to lottie and get them, so I'll just have to make do.......!! Enjoy them, EJ, sounds lovely Lottie

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 20:02:05 »
second salad of the season :) this one the thinnings fro my rucola drills. serve with radish , yummy dressing and croutons for a side salad.

i love this allotment stuff :)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal