Author Topic: Purely frivolous  (Read 2590 times)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Purely frivolous
« on: April 17, 2005, 16:16:27 »
I have just got back from lottie via the local so I am feeling pretty mellow and I am just browsing this site but it has just occurred to me that I am pretty web savvy, but I absolutely love this site.  It's exactly the same feeling on here as I get up my lottie.  A bunch of like minded individuals with similar but sometimes different ideas who are willinf to share everything we know (with newbies like me) and who are willind to disagree on certain aspects and not take offence (and take the mick sometimes without taking offence).  I have never known a real life effect transfer so faithfully to the artificial web environment.  I know it has been a great help to me during these first four moths and I am very grateful to all those people who have helped me whether I followed theirs or somebody else's advice.

Thanks to all and happy lottying (I know I am a happy lottier)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: Purely frivolous
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 17:16:50 »
I actually mentioned to my OH today that I consider I have more friends on site that have the same interests as me, than I do in "real" life, how sad is that!!!
Know what you mean though RC, nice to know there are others out there that share the same obsession, and get excited about getting a nice pile of pooh delivered!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Clayhithe

• Acre
  • Easy does it
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 19:10:53 »
Bit maudlin,  Redclanger:  you'll be posting kisses next ;)

Trouble is,  we'd all be happy about it 8)
Good gardening!

John

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 19:14:32 »
Not being one of the more erudite members of this site, and having arrived here through a friend who knows lots about gardening, I have to say it's one of the most friendly and informative sites I have come across.  The peeps here are great and only too willing either to ask or impart knowledge.  I hope you continue to enjoy it as we all do! :D
Muddy Boots

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:05:05 »
I have to admit I've been browsing this site for a while as a "guest". Its good to have finally "joined"...

Now the "back" appears to be broken of our new allotment, I might have some time to contribute!

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 02:22:16 »
'tis a great site!!!!!

When I'm here I know people are as excited over seeds & seedlings as I am & I don't have to worry about eyes being rolled when I mention gardening etc.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 07:11:08 »
'tis a great site!!!!!

When I'm here I know people are as excited over seeds & seedlings as I am & I don't have to worry about eyes being rolled when I mention gardening etc.

CC

It also makes you realize you are not the only one getting the eye rolling treatment.
I also joined because of a friend who kept asking me "have you looked at A4A yet, cos it's a great site" so finally I started to look just as a guest but it wasn't long before I joined, and at the weekend I got my lottie so you all know how I'm feeling at the moment.  Yesterday I was sitting at work thinking wish I could be at the lottie cos it's dry.  My OH said to me before leaving for work just now, I could have Thursday off as they says it's going to be the best day this week!  See it's definitely infectious.

If I were to go into work this morning and say I had been on here at this hour I would get  ::)  ::)

Yeah great site and to everyone who contributes, thanks so much

MM

chrispea27

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 07:11:46 »
 ;D Great site always able to find an answer!
Chris Pea

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 08:38:58 »
I signed up when someone asked if it was alright to use vermiculite in propagators. I used to think that only I cared about stuff like that...
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal