Author Topic: wulf garten multichange tools  (Read 2314 times)

mark_h

• Quarter Acre
wulf garten multichange tools
« on: April 24, 2005, 19:37:47 »
Hi,
    I've been looking at the wulf garten multichange tools- does anyone on here use them?

Mark

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
Re: wulf garten multichange tools
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 20:28:29 »
what is this then does it dig and makes you a cuper as well
 ???

Alan_Y

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 20:28:48 »
Mark
I have recommended this style of system to many of my allotment tenants. I my self have used the Gardenia range the same but different if you know what I need.

I would recommend it for several reason.

1. Selection of Handel lengths make them more adaptable.
Small handle for working raised beds in and out of green house /poly tunnel . Long for beds and boarders.

2. Easy change heads. 3 pronged cultivator a must.

3. Shafts can be left in shed. Take up little space compaired to regular tools.

4. Heads can be loaded in to a box and will fit easily in to the back a car.

5 As the shafts and heads can be in to different places  this reduces the desirability effect from would be thieves as one is useless without the other.

Hope this helps.

Let me know what you decide.

All the best

Alan
As One Door Closes, Anther One Slams In Your Face.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 20:43:44 »
A good idea.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 10:03:27 »
Hi,
    I've been looking at the wulf garten multichange tools- does anyone on here use them?

Mark

I do.  Bought my first on an offer (handle came free) and since then have added gradually. Now have four attachments (latest yesterday!).  Dutch hoe, draw hoe (the swan-necked one), rake and a small three-pronged cultivator (the new one, good for pulling grass out of beds).  I wish I'd had my hoes years ago as they're lovely and sharp. And since I have to walk some way from the car to my plot, having just a pole to carry, with the heads in my trug, is great.

They're expensive but if you only buy them when the garden centre is running a special offer, they're not too bad, but they are very good quality.  Hoes very nice and sharp!

I also have a 15" long handle which converts them all to short-use tools - great for close-up weeding on my raised beds, especially with the draw hoe and probably the cultivator too.

I would recommend them.

moonbells

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 18:59:42 »
I use them - got two handles from the special offers - one with rake and one with hoe? Also got the 3 pronged cultivator (i think times two as I also bought the mini flower bed set with small handle), small leaf type rake, .... less clutter for the handles as such.

Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

mark_h

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 20:10:48 »
Thanks for the replies people- most appreciated.    I wont be getting them for at least a couple of months but I think they'll come in handy when I do.   As for what tools I do get- I going to look through the range and decide what will be best and most frequently used.   

I think one of the hoes will be a 'must buy' - I did look at the hoe attachments at a garden centre and they look nice and sharp.

Waggi- look at this link and all will be revealed.: http://www.wolf-garden.com/public_uk/produkte/prod02a.hbs?article_id=967025460

Mark

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal