Author Topic: meet Bruno  (Read 4293 times)

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
meet Bruno
« on: April 13, 2005, 19:21:56 »
i'm worn out!!

can't get paypal to work to post direct but some pics are here

http://photobucket.com/albums/v186/legless/Bruno/

he was getting on fine with one of the cats until he got bored and turned his back on her and whacked her in the face with his tail - they've been hiding ever since!!

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
Re: meet Bruno
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 19:25:38 »
he's lovely legless, got a very sweet face.

MM

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 19:47:17 »
bruno looks lovely real sweet i have 2 cats and they role the roost

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 20:12:38 »
Hi Legless,

Gorgeous doggy !  :D

You need to copy the IMG thingy in Photobucket.  And then click on EDIT then on COPY and PASTE.

Like this :-

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 20:15:23 by Marianne »
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 21:27:45 »
 ;) Hi Bruno  ;D you are a handsom guy, now listen up fella, if you want to go into the garden for any reason just remember to bark, they'll understand ;) just don't go scratchin the door, cuz if you do Momma and Papa may kick ass ;D

He's a cool dude 8) and I think he knows what he wants and may well get it ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 22:29:25 »
Aw he's lovely! 

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 08:18:31 »
he is very playful - unfortunately he really only wants to play fight and he's too big for that!! oh and eat cats, which is a bit of a problem....

he did sleep all night without whingeing or making a mess so that was good.

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 11:23:00 »
i wish mine would sleep!!

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 14:31:28 »
thanks, as soon as i can leave him to go to the petshop i'll get one!!!  :D

a friedn recommended one of those half filled with food and then yoghurt and frozen which is supposed to keep them occupied.

he's just seen the allotment for the first time (i didn't really want   those shallots anyway....)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 23:07:39 »
If he is a house wrecker, buy him a cage for when you want to go out, we have one for our pooch and he doesn't mind going in it, in fact he goes in when he realises he isn't being taken for a walk, never use it to penalise or you will never get him in there and he shouldn't be left for more than 3 hours or so.

Oh and leave him a toy and something to remind him of you, I leave an old smelly sock, he loves it. ;D

They are about £35 in Argoos ;D

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 08:25:33 »
unfortunately he has to go back, we have a stairgate so the cats can get up and down and he can't but the cats come down as they are curious and he's caught them several times. i know it takes time to train him to be ok with them but i'm not prepared to have the cats as bait for however many months it takes.

his playfighting now involves biting and he's bitten me quite hard and i am not strong enough to stop him. he's too much for us unfortunately.

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 08:56:02 »
i don't think we could rescue anything other than a small puppy to be honest, we won't be swapping him for another as the rspca suggested right now but keep an eye out for another one....

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 08:59:58 »
Legless that must have been a hard decision to make, but as it is already your cats' home it will be good for them.  I have a friend who had a cat then got a rescue dog and the cat now lives upstairs, terrified of the dog.  He used to be such a happy cat and now he is just so traumatised so I think you have made the right decision.  I am sure you will be able to find another dog or puppy that will be happy with your cats.  I wish I could persuade my OH to have a dog.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 17:28:14 »
Oh Legless, I am so so sorry !! :'(
Is there anyway the situation can be redressed ??  Maybe if you take him to training ??
He is just so gorgeous! :)

Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 17:38:28 »
No, don't worry he wouldn't agree to having one.  I have 2 cats and enjoy them instead.  I have plenty of friends with dogs so visit them if I need a 'fix'.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 23:32:05 »
:-\ What a shame, so sorry for both of you :-\ you can't have a pet that attacks anyone, don't give up there's one there waiting just for you ;)

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 08:36:27 »
Hi Jo, Congrats on making a good decision early on. 

I have a rescue lab/collie cross.  I got her when she was about two so sensible enough (comparatively!) partly because with young children and cats I felt trying to train a puppy would be impossible.  My next door neighbour in a similar situation spent a huge amount of money on a pedigree lab puppy and had a horrendous time as she had young children and a loud household so couldn't be consistent with dog.  Eventually had to give puppy away so kids distraught etc. etc.

Good luck in your search

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 15:38:09 »
rick and i were both in tears taking him back, he's a lovely dog but he needs a different home. training would have been an option but i don't know if he could ever be trusted with the cats. the cats like dogs so weren't scared and would come down to sit on you and get beaten up by dog, not fair on them at all and quite dangerous.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 20:34:16 »
Oh Legless I do feel for you you must have had a sad day, but he will find a good home, he has such a lovely face, someone will soon take him on.  Your cats will be happy now.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2005, 17:13:10 »
I really feel for you legless, and I understand as I have been there.  I got a rescue German Shepherd some years ago and was assured he was fine with cats.  He wasn't but my cat was lucky, he got up a tree in time but not before the dog had put a three inch gash in his hind leg.  It was a Sunday so I was franticly trying to contact a vet.  He wasn't a young cat but he came through the op OK thank goodness.  I felt terrible as I felt responsible because I'd brought the dog into the house.  I could have so easily lost my beloved cat who like yours liked dogs.  He used to sleep with our previous dog.  We took the dog back that day, and I cried even after all that had happened earlier in the morning.  I will add that I still love German Shepherds but there was no way I could have kept him.
When you feel ready to try again, go to a rescue centre that also has cats and ask if you can walk the dog past their enclosures to see how he reacts.

MM xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal