Author Topic: 5 Minutes of fame!!  (Read 4267 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re: 5 Minutes of fame!!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 13:04:36 »
Well I was in a promotion film once about 35 years ago...another life...I never saw it but one of the family did at the pictures.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

botchituk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 16:30:53 »
Sorry to rob you of 10 mins. :-X But due to government cutbacks & E.U legislation that's all that's allowed now!! :o
Howay the lads

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 17:34:39 »
Happy Birthday....this is your 2 mins...a mention on A4A....Hope you have a nice one.

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 22:15:30 »
On Blue Peter many years ago- got the badge ! Our village made a paper chain that went all round the village. A coach load of children went up to the studios for the day and were on the show that afternoon. Met Val Singleton, John Noakes, Peter Purvis and Leslie Judd. I remember I wore a Pink dress, have never seen that show as it was live and no video recorders in those days. I also remember the food was good !

I ran the London Marathon with 7 others as a group dressed as a fairy ( Pink again). This was recorded, we were shown a reasonable amount on the T.V. because there were the 7 of us all dressed the same and we all stayed together.

botchituk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 00:20:46 »
Blue Peter must have been great. The 4 presenters you mentioned were the best of all. (I'm not biased!!)
Howay the lads

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 09:21:00 »
You early A4A'ers may remember a very nice journalist lady wanting to talk to a careerwoman-plotter-type-person for an article - it twas me, in SHE magazine, last spring

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 18:47:11 »
Hi Multiveg - yes - they are still bonny and bouncing and good at gardening too ;D

I was also on Charlies Garden Army a few years back doing up a bit of waste land  in Peckham - we managed to make a lovely little oasis of calm from very unpromising beginnings - but I gained a very low impression of Charlie Dimmock  - she was only prepared to look as if she was working when the cameras were on her ::)

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 18:58:02 »
Oh Botchituk it was YOUR birthday yesterday !! Sorry I missed it !
Hope you had a lovely day and my belated good wishes.

:D ;) ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 19:48:19 »
I forgot - was invited to the filming about Michael Faraday - Michael Kitchen played him. Can't remember if I was in camera shot or not.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2005, 08:45:23 »
I love Michael Kitchen..is he as good in real life?

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2005, 08:25:44 »
My bottom was on telly once (local news proggy) - I was in the metalwork room filing something, so was bending over the vice when they interviewed someone behind me - but is definitely my rear end.
Always look on the bright side of life

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2005, 09:36:34 »
I thought I recognised you.....erm isn't that the way we gardeners know each other?..We're all bending over pulling up, digging up, planting something or other.... ;D

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2005, 22:07:26 »
To add to my previous reply - I found out today I was on Question of Sport the other night. They did a special one re The London Marathon. Myself and the 7 other runners dressed as pink fairys were shown going over the finish line together. The question being how many of us were there !

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 13:56:36 »
I was on Newsnight with Jeremy Paxman, it was an experience i have to say  :o

maz

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 19:41:02 »
The camera crew were filming Hollyoaks on our allotment site and one of them came walking over towards  me.   :o
I smoothed my hair, kicked the mud of my wellies, fluttered my eyelashes and smiled  ;D.  Oooo I was gonna be a star at last!  8)

He said.  "'S'cuse me love, can we borrow a packet of seeds for this scene? We forgot to bring some"  :-\ 

So I may not have been in the scene but my seeds were.  ::) ;D

And anyway, hurumphhhhh,  who wants to be on t.v.?   ::)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 19:48:14 by maz »
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 22:44:16 »
Maz   Don't bother - only Hollyoaks after all  :)  Now had it been Titchmarsh that would be another story  ;D

Honeybee   Did Jeremy give you a verbal going over?  Or did you manage to get a word in.  He annoys me at times when he goes on and on giving someone a hard time to elicit an answer then doesn't draw breath to let the poor person reply  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2005, 10:26:26 »
Well Wardy, i have to give it to Jeremy, he worked very hard that night and he had a lot of people to speak too (the topic was the Gulf war)
I dont know if i was more impressed with the way they put the programme together and the work involved or the feast they they put on after the show. :o  :P

Believe me, i know where your tv licence money goes  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal