Author Topic: 5 Minutes of fame!!  (Read 4268 times)

botchituk

• Not So New ...
5 Minutes of fame!!
« on: April 12, 2005, 22:16:20 »
I was just reading another post here in the Shed by Alishka called "fame at last" and it got me thinking. The saying goes that everyone at some point has 5 minutes of fame and I wondered if any of you good people have experienced fame (at whatever level.) I am still waiting for my time to come although I did appear briefly on Sky Sports at a footie match -  blink and you missed me!! Maybe some of you have hit the headlines in your local rag, or appeared on a quiz show, anything like that would be interesting to hear about.
Cheers all.
Wayne.
Howay the lads

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: 5 Minutes of fame!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 22:33:36 »
I appeared on National Television in 1968 carrying a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates to my beloved wife's bedside after she had given birth to our first daughter. :-[ ;D

It was a documentary called simply "Hospital" now I've given my age away d amn ::)

botchituk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 22:45:46 »
You wern't the Milk Tray man were you?? I.E Absailing down buildings, driving fast cars & jumping through windows - all because your lady loved Milk Tray !! ;D
Howay the lads

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 22:53:12 »
 ;D Tee hee  ;D In my dreams maybe ;D

botchituk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 23:04:38 »
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D
Howay the lads

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 23:18:36 »
Well I appeared on 'Its a Knockout'  years ago.  The thing is they keep showing the repeats even now cos it was hilarious.  I was the Damsel in distress and my 'knight' had to rescue me and put me on the back of his horse, except the horse ran away.  That is why it is shown on repeats of the programme.  I have also been interviewed on Radio a few times.  Always been abit outspoken!!!
I was asked to take part in a Radio programme couple of years back, but couldnt stand the strain of worrying about it so didnt, i turned the offer down.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

botchituk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 23:25:49 »
Carol,
You didn't happen to win a mug on radio Borders a couple of weeks ago did you?
Howay the lads

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 23:29:51 »
No I did not.  I cannot stand Stewart McCulloch so am tuned into Radio 2 now.

Radio Borders is good when the weather is bad and you hear where the roads are blocked.  Dont tell me you listen to it!!!

::) ::) ::)

botchituk

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 23:36:01 »
I wake up to Radio Borders in the morning to catch the forcast for the day. We listen to Radio 2 at work all day, better than it was 20 years ago!!(Radio 2 - not work!!) Steve wright in the afternoon is excellent. I went through all sorts of phases listening to him over the years. (BTW look at the birthdays for this week!!)
Howay the lads

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 00:07:13 »
My MIL was in Youv'e Been Framed, We were having a quiet drink outside of a beech cafe in Malta and a boy kicked a football over the hedge smacked poor old MIL at the side of her head knocking her sun glass's off :o Good little earner for me as it was my camera that took it ;D Tee hee ;D

wivvles

• Half Acre
  • This week I 'ave mostly been digging...
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 11:37:57 »
I was on the Krypton Factor a few years ago - was knocked out in the first round by the guy who won that year!
Nagaraeba
Mata kono goro ya
Shinobaremu
Ushi to mishi yo zo
Ima wa koishi

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 11:53:44 »
I have been on a few Royal Institution Christmas Lectures - helping with the experiments - one was to demonstrate a laser shooting balls, another was making helium to the flight of the bumble bee, another was on music & sound...
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 12:40:01 »
on Krypton Factor?? Wow!  I used to love that program!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 15:29:00 »
Still waiting.   :'(  Mum and dad were on a quiz show a trillion years ago hosted by Terry Wogan.  It was milkman and their wives.  No idea what it was called.  Must try and find the video of it.

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 19:13:08 »
I was on the London Local News, Sky News and in Woman magazine just after I had the twins (11 years ago now). I went into labour early (at 32 weeks) and they managed to stop the contractions using patches normally used to treat angina (part of a trial carried out by the British Heart Foundation - now my charity of choice) and I managed to cook the babes myself for another 4 weeks before giving birth to 2 bouncing bonny girls who had no need of incubators!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 23:17:47 »
Wow follow that as they say  ;D   I was on telly recently and must have been the only person not to see me  :(   I was asked to do a talky bit for the Look North tea time programme - no time to think about it and no time to get changed or put face on.  Second thoughts - glad I missed it  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 10:58:50 »
Congratulations. Are they still bouncing bonny girls at 11 then?

Radio - just listened to Woman's hour - Article from allotments in Sheffield:

Singer Sally Goldsmith takes us down to the vegetable patches which have inspired her music

You would never, in the past, have associated an allotment with a posh development of new flats.

But a London developer IS touting nearby allotments as a selling point and around the country thousands of people are waiting five or ten years for a plot.

Sally Goldsmith has an allotment - she's also a singer songwriter and she spent much of last year trailing around talking to people working their bit of land.

The result is a CD and touring show called Plotters, which celebrates life on the vegetable patch.

Clare Jenkins accompanied her up the garden path in Sheffield and met some of the allotment fans who have inspired her work.

Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 12:36:25 »
Oh blast I missed it!  I was clearing out the pantry  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 12:43:33 »
Wayne - you've cheated us of 10 minutes, it's actually 15 mins of fame.

I've been in the local paper a few times (photos) and am a published writer (had my first article in print when i was 8 and several more since). I was on TV at the Hickstead show jumping competition.
gone to pot :D

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 13:01:08 »
I was on It's a Knockout like Carol, the amount of training we did for that programme you'd think we were preparing for Everest! Running up and down a near vertical hill on Conway mountain, assult courses etc. Wish I was still that fit  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal