Produce > Under Glass

No growbags

(1/2) > >>

northener:
With this been our first year with a greenhouse [no floor yet] we're going to manure the soil then put our toms and peppers straight in. Should it be ok ? i'm worried about them all been in the same ground if one gets diseased would they all be ruined.

tim:
The sort of disease you might get in the first season is unlikelyto spread through the soil. But it is recommended to sterilise the borders each year - or change the soil.

I'm sure many don't!

cleo:
It will be fine-don`t worry. But it is true that over time the same soil may get diseases or a deficiency of some sort.

I change mine in the big greenhouse and polytunnel over three years,using muck and stuff from the compost bins-but it is hard work.

I also use a kind of `ring culture`-10inch plastic flower buckets with the bottom cut out-the buckets are filled with JINo3 and plunged into the soil.

Stephan

Anne Robertson:
those flower buckets are really usefull, I got 30 free from Asda  ;D i asked for a few and she said help yourself to as many as you want. i don't know if the other stores are as generous.

tim:
You leave the flowers in the store??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version