Produce > Edible Plants

Ideas on a small cordless tiller for raised beds?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deb P:
I hand dig out new perennial weeds then use a hoe for the small stuff left to dry out and die on the surface. When doing the early Spring getting beds ready purge I use a combi rake and hoe tool; I can’t remember the proper name or make for it, but I got it from a posh tool stand at one of the Tatton Park shows about 5 years ago, I think it’s Scandinavian? Long pale wood handle and beautifully made. I’ll try and track the make down!

It’s a Sneeboer & Zn thing…….I can’t find it on their online catalogue but I am now drooling over their other stuff….!

Obelixx:
We use the Wolf multi-head system so have cultivator heads like Tee Gee's but also push-mepull-you double edged hoes and rakes in several sizes.  They're the tools we use most but there's also a lawn edge trimmer and many others.  We have short handles for close work plus medium and full length handles so we can both work on different bits of th eveg plot and garden.  Very easy to use and very easy to store.

Deb P:
I had a look at my rake/ hoe this afternoon, it’s a Dakota made in Holland!

Deb P:

--- Quote from: Deb P on February 24, 2024, 17:21:17 ---I had a look at my rake/ hoe this afternoon, it’s a Dakota made in Holland!

--- End quote ---

Searched online, it seems Dakota tools are now defunct, but the De Wit tools are also manufactured in Holland and do a ‘Sprake’ which is very similar……

Obelixx:
These things seem pretty effective - https://jardioui.com/products/rateau-de-desherbage?currency=EUR&variant=43871169773808&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&stkn=6cb1948d6072&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5-uuBhDzARIsAAa21T-sLB-C0C8Twf-TdFoxHnxaRySHslGk2A5OtnjZrSFwgTSfUlHQL1caAjnnEALw_wcB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version