Author Topic: Potato Days  (Read 3003 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Potato Days
« on: February 03, 2024, 11:35:49 »
Robinsons (Nr Preston Lancs) have one today and tomorrow, I was going to drive up from Derby, but on the 'phone this morning asking to reserve some Epicure they said they could post them... saving me a minimum 5hr round trip.
 I am finding it increasingly difficult to source some varieties, like Epicure and Carlingford. Does anybody know of a supplier of Carlingford?
I miss the Ryton potato day at the "Garden Organic"... buying by the tuber...
 :wave:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Potato Days
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 15:00:13 »
I miss buying one or two of loads of different seeds spuds only to get them all mixed up and not know what was what!
Carlingford is out of stock on the first ten web pages that came up!!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 17:06:05 »
Couldn't find any Carlingford last year either... if they had any "in stock" I wasn't quick enough off the mark...  :BangHead:

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 11:28:07 »
Not tried Robinsons for potatoes. Have purchased onion seeds from them this time. They're  very helpful if you're  new to seed onions. Their news letter is helpful too. Never trued those varieties  of potato, but will look out for them x
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 20:24:06 »
The Epicure I ordered from Robinsons arrived on Friday, and I have found many "pages" for Carlingford but sold out as noted above.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 00:49:13 »
I miss Ryton too... then started going to one at Harper Adams Uni... that was good, but last couple of years, went to one on the road between Welshpool and Shrewsbury. I haven't seen Carlingford for a while, but they did have Epicure (though we didn't choose it). It was on the 10th Feb... luckily the snow got warned away!
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal