Produce > Edible Plants

Runner beans

(1/1)

Borlotti:
Given a load away, eaten beans every night and frozen loads. Had about 12 cucumbers and plenty of yellow courgettes. Outdoor tomatoes not ripe yet.

saddad:
Only put in a wigwam, as not too fond, but getting enough for the two of us every other day. Climbing French (5 varieties) and Barlotti beans doing really well.

Deb P:
I’ve good a good picking of three different beans this week, the dwarf French beans in yellow and thin green stringless, and first lot of purple climbing too. All straight to freezer!

tricia:

--- Quote from: Borlotti on August 01, 2023, 13:16:38 ---Given a load away, eaten beans every night and frozen loads. Outdoor tomatoes not ripe yet.

--- End quote ---
Me too, Borlotti. I'm glad my beans, Cobra and Moonlight, are now finished (gave the last picking of over a kilo away today) but now I'm worried about blight on the tomatoes arriving. Fingers crossed so far but this awful wet and windy weather isn't doing them any good  -  a huge crop but still green  -  they need some some proper summer weather for them to ripen!

Tricia  :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version