General > The Shed

Jeannine from Canada just popping in after a few years to say hi .

(1/5) > >>

Jeannine:
Just touching base and saying hi .I hope my message falls on a few friendly ears as you are very much missed.

I am still alive and , kicking but  not very high. on the whole I am doing OK for almost 82, still gardening in my huge pots and in my Victorian greenhouse with a couple of fruit trees and a few grape vines on fences and arbors so not doing bad. I am picking all types of tomatoes, beans, lettuce, beetroot, chard and  spring onions, plus  a mini me cuke and a long English one too and also carrots and a new turnip it is pure white with a silky feel. Very different.
My two Chihuahuas are doing well they are 9 now and there is another dog here too. If you remember we have 2 properties on our land a big house that  has my daughter and SIL  in and I have a carriage house built a few years ago for me. The greenhouse etc. is mine.no one allowed in it,. I bought my daughter a new puppy last fall as her much loved pet had died a couple of years ago and it was time. And she runs in and out of my house, so we have Florence and Maisie now Molly the Norfolk terrier She is from a show kennel, her Mum was imported from England and the breeder imported semen from a British champion male, so although she was born here in Canada she is a British bred dog. and a pest and then some.

I am still seriously grieving the  loss of my husband John, it has never got any easier for me, I doubt it will now. We were exceptionally close. But I can only make it by one day at a time. I guess it is what it is

I shall very much look forward to hearing from some off you if you remember me

So it would be lovely to hear from  old friends and see who is still around.

I hope you all have a fantastic harvest...my very best wishes and love to you XX Jeannine

peanuts:
Good to hear from you, Jeannie, and to know you are well, and still kicking!  You've been around longer than I have, and you were  among members who welcomed me, when I joined back in 2010.  You gave me good advice when I was asking bottling questions, for which I've always been grateful. There are certainly others still around, whom you know. 
All the best, and keep in touch with A4A

JanG:
Hello Jeannine. I appeared on the scene only shortly before you received some negative messages which I very much regretted. It is lovely that you have reappeared. I hear so much about your generosity in the past, and the exciting seed parcel and gifts you contributed.

It sounds as though your growing season is yielding great results. Here in east England, beans are starting and tomatoes just about ripening. It’s been a slow start to the season with some very dry weather in June and, for me at least, a wet July.

I do hope you stay in touch. I look forward to hearing more about what you’re growing.

Tiny Clanger:
Hi Jeannine, great to know you are OK and still gardening. Don't stay away. Always good to hear from old friends x

saddad:
Pleased to hear from you again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version