Produce > Edible Plants

Crimson Crush F1 Tomatoes

(1/4) > >>

Galette:
Hi folks. A query about Thompson and Morgan Tomato Crimson Crush F1.  I bought the seeds this spring in my local garden centre . There were five seeds in the packet, so at £4.49 that's nearly £1 per seed. I bought them as I hoped to avoid blight. All the seeds produced normal seedlings, but now the plants are spindly and have each produced one truss of fruit and the plant seems exhausted and not seeming to be growing any more. I have also grown Tumbling Tom and have planted both types at the same time in the same compost throughout, both positioned outdoors along the same wall and both fed with liquid seaweed. The Tumbling Tom are doing well, healthy plants with lots of fruit forming. I have grown tomatoes for at least 30 years so I know what I'm doing. Has anyone else tried Crimson Crush this year?

Elfeda:
I bought them from ebay shop for cheap, plants are doing fine and flowering now.

Harry:
Got mine online for 20p a pip ( last year) though they started out well, not much sign of them bearing fruit. But then my roma and moneymaker are also doing rubbish this year.

Paulh:
Same here - two "Crimson Crush" not doing very well, also two "Nimbus" and two "Sungold" in the growbags with them: just one "Sungold" is really growing away. However, the plants are flowering and setting fruit. I don't know whether it's the heat (though the plants have not seemed stressed) or the growbags or what. See also the thread called "Gardener's Delight".

Tulipa:
Galete I have one Crimson Crush that was given to me and it looks exactly as you describe. I have been thinking what will I say if he asks as I feel bad about it but the other tomato plants of different names are much better and all treated exactly the same, I thought I had done something so feel better now, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version