Author Topic: Seeds 5p per packet  (Read 2847 times)

markfield rover

• Hectare
Seeds 5p per packet
« on: November 14, 2022, 12:44:21 »
Sorry if this has been elsewhere, Wilkos are selling all seeds at 5p per pack! I’m assuming it’s nationwide.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Seeds 5p per packet
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 10:26:54 »
Yes popped in for fresh parsnip seed and they only had herbs left sadly

peterrandall

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 16:21:25 »
Yes you are correct Wilkos selling seeds at 5p a pack, someone bought 553 packs and cleared out their local store

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 10:33:13 »
Yes you are correct Wilkos selling seeds at 5p a pack, someone bought 553 packs and cleared out their local store

I’m surprised they let them do that! They’ll be on eBay at 50p a packet by tonight!
I miss the Wyvales seed sales…50p a packets I shed to stock up for the year ahead, now taken over by Dobbies they don’t reduce any seeds, I went the other day and they just had the dregs of last years packets in the racks at full price….🙄
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 11:01:18 »
Just called into Wilkos and got four packets for 20p... but very little left. They have half price on Spring bulbs as well.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 15:14:53 »
The bulbs were pretty poor quality ones, but worth giving them a go at half price.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 12:59:25 »
I popped into the Park Farm branch this morning where they had one hidden stand of 5p seeds and got £16.50 worth of seeds for £1, not bad at all!
Best things were highly fragrant sweet peas, leeks, spinach and salad leaves. Mostly herbs left now, but they had quite a selection of bulbs at half price and some nice varieties left too so I grabbed a pack of Iris and two fringed tulips as well..   
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 10:18:58 »
The weather here is filthy and the thought of spring bulbs gladdens the heart , I will keep an eye for further reductions as they have so many ! M & S bulbs half price too.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal