Author Topic: Apple tree - curling leaves - success story (finally!!)  (Read 1586 times)

newspud9

• Half Acre
Apple tree - curling leaves - success story (finally!!)
« on: August 03, 2022, 15:48:49 »
Last year I posted that my James Grieve dwarf apple tree was displaying unhealthy leaf curling.  I eventually took to secateurs surgery as it became rampant  - and this year the harvest looks like its going to be fab.  Not often that things works out (on the allotment or anywhere else for that matter) but sometimes "rescuing from the jaws of defeat" and all that!!. 

Mind you, the rest of the plot has currently turned to granite and it's going take more than surgery and a lorry-load of manure to save it.  The cracks look like something from an earthquake disaster movie.   What to do?

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
Re: Apple tree - curling leaves - success story (finally!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 21:26:38 »
What to do?

The only thing that springs to mind is a rain dance!
Not mad, just out to mulch!

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
Re: Apple tree - curling leaves - success story (finally!!)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 12:31:57 »
Wait for the rain? Cover and hope that condensation (in any) dampens the ground enough to work?  Conditions poor going this season.  Hope things pick up for you x
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal