Author Topic: The end is in sight.  (Read 2659 times)

ACE

• Hectare
The end is in sight.
« on: June 24, 2022, 16:49:07 »
Although I took early retirement at 55, I managed to keep out of the way doing gardening shows throughout the summers for a dozen or so years, then for the last 10 years, at my leisure allotments, pottering, telly bingeing and generally being left to my own devices. Now she wants to retire next month, was going to be when she was 60, but a reprieve until 65, then I even blagged another year to 66. But i will not get away with it going up again. So my sanctuary at the allotment is paying for its keep. Time to get a more comfortable shed I think.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: The end is in sight.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 18:43:26 »
Perhaps she might like her own plot to have her own bolt hole….?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 18:54:38 »
There's a good idea, I'll ask at the other site down the town as I don't want her finding out which site I am on.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 13:01:02 »
There's a good idea, I'll ask at the other site down the town as I don't want her finding out which site I am on.

Might be an idea, they might worry that they will get another Ace and tell her there's no plots available.

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 17:10:59 »
I appreciate this is all rather tongue in cheek, but Mrs Ace sounds like a good un. Mr Ace retires at 55, while Mrs Ace carries on working until 66.  I retired a little early. I remember the planning with Mrs B. "When you stop working I stop working".
Not mad, just out to mulch!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 10:28:41 »
"When you stop working I stop working".
Blimey! I would still be working if that was the case here. My fault really I should have married an even younger one. She spent most of her life as a care worker, not much evidence of that at home though. I feel sorry for her clients but at least they have safeguarding.

picman

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 17:08:06 »
Also retired at 55 , seems i am blessed with a mrs who joins in , she grows flowers and fruit , me all the rest we have two plots 4x30 M,  a small poly and greenhouse . and a million pests :(

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 21:40:07 »
I'd planned to retire at 55 years old too but a couple of years before that an opportunity for a three days a week post building on what I'd been doing for the previous 20 years came up and I'm still doing it at 62 years old. I'm looking to ease out now, but don't regret the change of plan at all!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal