Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Seed trays

<< < (2/5) > >>

Obelixx:
Me too.  An old table fork is just the right size for slipping down the side of the cell to lift out the seedling.

InfraDig:
Charles Dowding CD60 trays are available from containerwise.co.uk for £5.34 including VAT each. You have to buy 5 though which makes £26.70 plus postage. for me £6.36, which makes a total of £33.06 (for 5) or approximately £6.60 each.

I think they are going to last a long time. I am very happy with them. I find the hole is large enough to push the plugs out with my little finger!

terrier:
I like the fork idea, never thought of that, I'll give it a try. I saw the containerwise site, that's where I saw the CD60's.Thanks.

JanG:
I find the modules in the Charles Dowding CD60 trays very small and so dry out rather quickly. I do use and very much like the 40 cell containerwise trays though, both the shallow and the deep. They are quite an item of expenditure but over two or three years I’ve invested in a few and now have a good sized set which will last for many years to come. The deep ones work like root-trainers, which are I think equally expensive but frustratingly flimsy and fall apart after three or four uses.

InfraDig:
I had missed that! I might try the deep ones. As you say, root trainers don't have a very long life at all! Mine are now mostly sellotape. I also like the idea of using a small fork. Thanks everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version