Author Topic: Pea Supports  (Read 1749 times)

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
Pea Supports
« on: May 14, 2022, 12:19:30 »
After caving inbto family and agreeing to try growing peas, I now find they are up and growing. What Can I use to support them that is cost effective? As a child I remember seeing twiggy hedge pruning used. We have nothing like that. What could I use and best way to set it up? X :wave:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
Re: Pea Supports
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 18:05:21 »
Thanks Teep Gee, you are always a star x
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 09:16:29 »
I grow heritage peas on a large scale, and having had years of bamboo cane rows blown over by strong winds  have gone for 2" square timbers in small metaposts and wire fencing strung between held on with cable ties... Deb P may post a picture... my tech skills aren't up to it.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 05:54:18 »
Thanks Dad dad. Looked like mesh supports were the way forward. It arrived from eBay yesterday. Will be installing later. Also getting the sewing machine out to construct better fitting overnets.  Just might get enough peas to make a meal :sunny:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal