Author Topic: I don't think this is a pest - probably the opposite - but I'd like to be sure.  (Read 1603 times)

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
I've used both Google and Bing to do a (reverse) image search on this - both came up with hundreds of hits on nothing like it.

One image bore a slight resemblance but it was circular - a spiders egg sack - the shape of mine could be due to it spanning a trough (in a cactus) but it's obviously not the same species - much thinner tethers - mine is a very impressive 101/2 point harness!

I love spiders in my garden spaces - but I'd still like a closer match. Any Ideas?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 15:30:11 by Vinlander »
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

JanG

• Hectare
  • Gardening on fen silt
It certainly does look like a spider’s egg sack but what a beautiful and finely made one. I can’t be any more sure than you but, as you say, it’s very impressive.

I guess your best hope of closer identification is to watch and hope you can catch sight of whatever emerges unless, of course, it has already slipped out - or unless it is in fact something else altogether.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal