Produce > Edible Plants

Netting cloche tunnels for outdoor strawberries

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tee Gee:

My Way

Galette:
Thanks TeeGee.  How do you do that then?

Tee Gee:
I purchased some hoop iron many years ago from. Company I worked for

From memory the hoop iron was around 1” (25mm) wide and about 0.25” thick (4/5mm)thick.

They were cut to a length to suit the width of the bed plus 2x2ft for the height of the legs/uprights.

For example, a 5 ft wide bed was: 5+2+2=9ft as I recall I think I purchased a number of 3 metre lengths.

Because the hoop iron was quite pliable I could re-adjust the height/width ratio quite easily for narrower beds.

The covering was as required e,g, Birdnetting,Rokolene,Plastic or Fleece.

I hope this helps!

Galette:
Tee Gee thank you so much for the details.  Unfortunately beyond me to carry out, however the principal is very sound and I'm already thinking about slight alterations to enable me to copy the idea.  Thanks again  :happy7:

Tee Gee:
An alternative I have seen that works equally as well is to use plastic water supply pipe in a similar manner. The main difference would be as opposed to the flat top as in my case with hoop iron the supports would be similar to the metal framing in a polytunnel. Having said that if you want a flat top you could purchase 90 degree plastic elbow fittings. I hope this helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version