Produce > Edible Plants

Netting cloche tunnels for outdoor strawberries

<< < (3/4) > >>

Galette:
Another good idea, I have done this many years ago but unfortunately got rid of the piping when I moved, thinking that I would never grow fruit & veggies again, little did I know!

IanDH:
I just use road pins that are readily available from on-line retailers, bird net over the top and hold edges down with anything available.  Not dissimilar to canes and bottles (or flower pots) but have lasted for years.

Also keep a supply of the pins to insert at corners of crop areas to stop hose pulling across plants.  Used to use stakes, but they rot very quickly in our soil.

Galette:
This is getting better and better, thanks Ian. Yet another great option, I had never heard of Road Pins but they seem to have a lot of uses.

peterrandall:
I use the blue water pipe on my raised beds but use clips from Toolstation part number 45702 in each corner to hold the hoop upright so the wind does not blow it over then use bulldog clips to hold the bird netting in place

Galette:
Well, I have done it! With many thanks for all the replies, in the end I followed IanDH's suggestion and bought Road Pins and a fresh supply of bird netting. The pins weren't cheap but they should last for the rest of my gardening years, so I see it as a worthwhile investment! The result is quite smart, much more so than my efforts in the next raised bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version