Allotment Stuff > The Basics

DIY potting compost

<< < (2/6) > >>

Paulh:
Last year and this year it's been Bathgate Champions Blend growbags, 43 litres size, bought through the allotment association which makes it much cheaper, of course.

Gordonmull:
Well, thanks for the input folks. After consultation with SWMBO we have decided to do a complete U-turn and give the growbags a whirl. Sounds like a lot less hassle and it's something new to try.

Best of luck for the season ahead.  :sunny:

Paulh:
I disclaim all responsibility!

Let us know how you get on.

pumkinlover:
I am on my third year of no bought compost.  The last time I bought any from the garden centre it was so rubbish that I decided I could do better.
When I was secretary I bought lovely compost for the shop but no-one else could be ****** to do the work.

Nora42:
i filled 6 45L pots with home made allotment compost, 3 contain potatoes which have sprouted. i planted parsnips and radish seeds in 2 and carrots in another. the weeds in the compost have geminated along with the carrots but because i know what a carrot seedling looks like i can weed out the weeds. the parsnips are beginning to geminate and are quite distinctive the radish is there but im not confident that im not weeding out radish see
dlings. Rooky error i should have topped off these 3 pots with shop bought compost. Why make life easy??
Nora

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version