Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2022

<< < (7/42) > >>

Vetivert:
One of the QoM plants has an egg-sized fruit. Poor thing is still in a 9cm pot. I'm wondering if they would do better outside the polytunnel with plenty of room. It does get extremely hot in there.

JanG:
My Q of M responded very quickly to being potted on into a 1.5 litre pot and is twice the size of a couple of others I was much slower to pot on.No fruit yet.

I’m struggling to remember the details of the discussion about Pastoral but last year mine had the two colours of flower too. It was the white-flowered plants which were the first of any of my beans to produce pods.

galina:
Not here yet, but they are definitely at the early end of the spectrum.  First tiny beans here are on Salewski's Ungarn. 

galina:
5 varieties of ripe tomatoes, nice and early and 3 of the 5 were from this seed circle.  Cerise, Orange Bourgoin an early salad tom from Ferme St Marthe, then circle toms Burmese Sour, Dehybridised Sungold (they are so good!) and Pamplemousse de Grand Pere outdoors!  The latter took so long germinating, I had nearly given up on them, but huge and very early for a large tomato.  Thank you for these new to me and very tasty and early tomatoes. 

JanG:
Great that you’re having such excellent results. I grew the Pamplemousse last year and enjoyed it very much too.
Was the dehybridised Sungold from my seed or from an earlier contribution? Mine is still a little variable so, if from mine, I’m very pleased you have a good’un.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version