Author Topic: Honeyberries  (Read 1347 times)

breenalipally

• Not So New ...
Honeyberries
« on: March 10, 2022, 07:06:09 »
I need some advice on honeyberries please. I bought 2 plants, Boreal Beauty and Borial Blizzard as I know they are not self fertile. One is now starting to flower and the other has no sign of buds and I have now found a chart that says pollination between these  varieties is 'poor' but the varieties that say 'good' only seem to be available in the USA. Has anyone got a honeyberry variety that is starting to flower now and likewise one that has no buds yet, what variety are they and where did you buy then please?

breenalipally

• Not So New ...
Re: Honeyberries
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 20:31:38 »
Update: I called James Mcintire, where I bought the plants and they were very helpful and are sending me a Boreal Beast, it's not on their website yet but according to my chart they should all get good cross pollination.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 09:33:29 »
Good.  I googled this plant and found just one supplier in my region selling only one variety but they suggest buying at least two to improve fruit production.

21€ a plant plus an hour each way to fetch them so I'll wait a while.
Obxx - Vendée France

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 19:06:35 »
I tried to grow these for about four years but gave up.  I never managed to pick a single berry.  I had two but they seemed to flower ridiculously early. Too early for any insects to be about.  Sorry to sound pessimistic. I hope your efforts are successful!
Not mad, just out to mulch!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal