Author Topic: The weather today part 3  (Read 16492 times)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: The weather today part 3
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2022, 15:03:21 »
Started well but now overcast with slight showers.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2022, 07:18:37 »
Blimey! I am glad there is not anything showing above ground, frosts are not usually this heavy down this way.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2022, 08:21:07 »
We have had morning frosts almost every night for the last fortnight, of varying degrees, including last night. Forecast is to warm up this week. Bright and dry start to the day here..

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2022, 09:49:51 »
Bit of a shame, not wanted today because of street parties, but a secret snigger for my recently planted stuff.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2022, 11:00:35 »
We have rain!  Yeah!  We already have a hosepipe ban here so it's great for all the newly planted ornamentals as well as the veggies.

On the other hand, we also have thunder and lightning so I can't get up the ladder to fix up a canopy on the now exposed barn beams (roof lost in a tornado) so I can move my nursery to a shaded spot out of full sun all day when we head off to see the gardens at Chaumont next week.
Obxx - Vendée France

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2022, 12:33:22 »
Just 15 minutes of heavy rain and 20 minutes of light rain/drizzle this morning  -  probably enough to replenish my water butts - but my recently planted out veggies will need watering again in a day or so unless we get some steady rain soon!

The forecast warning for heavy rain and thunderstorms seems to have passed to the west of Torbay.

Tricia  :wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2022, 08:24:06 »
Hissing down, but a bit too late for me unless the squash pump themselves up a bit, but I suppose the brassicas will rally through.   Tornado yesterday but it missed us. Started clearing the plot and tidying for the winter. Rubbish year, fingers crossed that this year is a one off.

pumkinlover

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2022, 12:29:25 »
At the moment we are lucky as the rain keeps happening at night.
Lovely day here and digging up spuds.

pumkinlover

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2022, 16:43:33 »
At the moment we are lucky as the rain keeps happening at night.
Lovely day here and digging up spuds.
Well just got back as the storm hit us!

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2022, 10:19:55 »
We had an inch Monday night and a storm again yesterday teatime... can finally work those beds that had totally dried out.. started planting out green manures and overwinter salads...

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2022, 10:19:01 »
frosty or what? no snow in this area but frosts like we haven't seen in years. Should get rid of all the bugs and pests that were going to winter down on my plot. The same for indoors as well the central heating has chose to give up this week. Nobody available until after the xmas break to fix it. Might move into the motor home in the garden for a while with its own heating system.

pumkinlover

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2022, 08:13:17 »
frosty or what? no snow in this area but frosts like we haven't seen in years. Should get rid of all the bugs and pests that were going to winter down on my plot. The same for indoors as well the central heating has chose to give up this week. Nobody available until after the xmas break to fix it. Might move into the motor home in the garden for a while with its own heating system.

Any caravan sites open? you could go on a minibreak over Christmas. We went to Castleton a few years ago over Christmas and there was the compulsory male walking about in shorts on Christmas day.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2022, 13:38:08 »
Well it has been slightly damp here in Portugal!
This is the road to our house

This is our field - lucky the veg garden is raised a bit but we now have a lakeside property!

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2022, 08:34:39 »
Wow!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2023, 08:28:31 »
How are you doing up in the frozen wastelands of the north. Don't look very pleasant to me. But at least a coating of poor mans fertiliser will do a bit of good. Spring has sprung here and don't need the heating on so much. 10 more days until I start putting the taters in. But travelling north in 20 days time. 4 hours drive and we will be back into the middle of winter.

pumkinlover

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2023, 08:37:26 »
Well no allotment for me today except to check the remaining chicken, and a nosey in the greenhouse.
Need to cover the chitting potatoes too from tonights frost. The blanket of snow on the greenhouse might help but not risking it.

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2023, 15:58:11 »
It snowed with avengence up here in north wales for the last two nights. Snow clearing is a waste of time , I've nowhere to put the stuff. Then we get the quick thaw followed by plenty of mud. On the good side, temperature is above zero, so no frozen water pipes outside.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2023, 16:00:00 »
We have had a little snow.
Gardening is the great leveller.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2023, 17:17:16 »
Hail for over half an hour around lunchtime...

pumkinlover

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2023, 07:50:40 »
Hail for over half an hour around lunchtime...

Yes, it stopped by the time I pushed my wheelbarrow home!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal