Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Why rotovate ???

(1/4) > >>

Sage:
Hrumph … Sage here , just wondering why  rotovators are used so much on plots ?
Chopping up perennial weeds into tiny bits , similar with earthworms , destroying the soil structure and hastening the breakdown of organic matter are just a few of the “ benefits “ l can think of. Can you think of any more ? .  :tongue3:

gray1720:
Because you can still move without the aid of an osteopath when you've finished your plot? As someone without a rotovator, I am ever-thankful for the existence of Madam Hannah and her House of Pain!

Beersmith:
It is pretty much a given that having an allotment means you will regularly see lots of other plot holders doing things differently to you. Digging, pruning, planting, sowing, anything you can think of they all seem to have their own way of doing things.  In other words, and this is me totally agreeing with you as another expert, they are doing it wrong.

:icon_thumright:

gray1720:

--- Quote from: Beersmith on February 16, 2022, 22:08:22 --- In other words, and this is me totally agreeing with you as another expert, they are doing it wrong.

--- End quote ---

*snorts tea through nose*

pumkinlover:
I'll never forget seeing a trail of dead chopped up earthworms between one members plot and his back garden where he made a hole in the fence to access the allotments.
Amy  thoughts of having a rotavator dissipated.
I only dig out the potatoes now and let the worms etc do their work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version