General > The Shed

Missing a few old posters

(1/3) > >>

ACE:
Now we are supposed to be coming slowly out of the pandemic, which I don't really believe, More like throwing us to the wolves, I notice a lot of our posters have ceased posting, hopefully because there is nothing to say. But if you are still lurking in the forum drop in and say hello, you won't need a passport or lateral flow test here.

Obelixx:
It has been very quiet but given the weather patterns so far this winter I suspect there's not a lot of allotment activity going on.

All I've done lately is sow some broad beans between Xmas and NY and look after things in the polytunnel.  Even here it's been just too cold and wet for anything else.   Busy week coming up here but planning to clear, clean and decorate the living room from Friday as light levels improve.   I'm very much hoping that by the time that's done the weather will be better for some weeding and planting and transplanting and some sowing too.

cudsey:
I have checked in every night but it has been very quiet hopefully it will pick up soon with sowing season coming up 

Deb P:
I’m still playing catch up with winter jobs as have annoyingly had a foot injury the past month which has only responded to rest which I am frankly rubbish at. So it flares up again as soon as I try putting boots on, back to the blooming sofa. Sitting looking out of the window just seeing all the garden jobs I meet to do, prune roses, still have some bulbs to plant!!! I had to employ a bloke to do the hedges in the end as the birds are starting to pair off and needed to get them sorted before they nest. Still have plenty of clearing up to do at the lottie but it’s going to have to wait until the leg stays reliable. I don’t like this growing older lark much, bits of you start playing up which you haven’t had a problem with before! So making use of sitting down time, I’ve done some pretty detailed planting plans for the plot and printed off a sowing schedule, now just sitting on my hands so I don’t die too early! 😂

Obelixx:
That sounds very frustrating Deb P.   Not a good time to be stuck in front of a TV unless you like rugby and winter sports.

I too still have bulbs to plant and may have to resort to pots.  Bitter winds today and more wet stuff expected so no weeding or planting in borders without compacting wet soil.   Nothing to plant out in the veg plot either yet tho I do now have the space when conditions allow.   OH decided yesterday that since our broccoli plants had no flower shoots since late December that he'd pull them all up!

He's forgotten, if he ever knew, that brassicas and co just hunker down in December but by mid March they'd be bursting with buds and shoots again.  Doh!  Got an ear bashing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version