Author Topic: Browns seeds  (Read 3299 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Browns seeds
« on: November 23, 2021, 12:52:03 »
I don't do anything that involves Black friday, but some of you might, Brown Friday promises half price seeds from their basic range. I have had good results from these in the past. Just sign up to their newsletter, then when the seeds have come cancel it as they do spam you with a lot of junk.

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
Re: Browns seeds
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 18:59:23 »
Thanks for the tip.

I usually get the bulk of my seeds from Kings. But was disappointed last year about various issues. Have bought mostly from D T Brown for next season.

Had a really good crop of onions this year using D T Brown heat treated sets.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 09:45:04 »
I had to smirk when I placed a late order for parsnips with DT Brown this year - I got a freebie packet and what was it? You guessed it, parsnip seed!
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 11:01:27 »
I had to smirk when I placed a late order for parsnips with DT Brown this year - I got a freebie packet and what was it? You guessed it, parsnip seed!

Yes, a variety called "Sabre" which have done very well for me. I'd given up growing parsnips but sowed them anyway "as they were there". I will try them again now.

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 13:20:59 »
Maybe I should have sown them instead? - I got bugger all from my parsnips, bar the five in pipes at home, and not a single swede either - this after a glut in 2019. Harumph!

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 18:39:02 »
Maybe I should have sown them instead? - I got bugger all from my parsnips, bar the five in pipes at home, and not a single swede either - this after a glut in 2019. Harumph!

You're not going to like this: I had a good crop of swedes too, from the out of date packet that's been sitting unopened for several seasons. Sorry!

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 21:30:52 »
You can go right off some people!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal