General > Bargains Galore

Browns seeds

(1/2) > >>

ACE:
I don't do anything that involves Black friday, but some of you might, Brown Friday promises half price seeds from their basic range. I have had good results from these in the past. Just sign up to their newsletter, then when the seeds have come cancel it as they do spam you with a lot of junk.

Beersmith:
Thanks for the tip.

I usually get the bulk of my seeds from Kings. But was disappointed last year about various issues. Have bought mostly from D T Brown for next season.

Had a really good crop of onions this year using D T Brown heat treated sets.

gray1720:
I had to smirk when I placed a late order for parsnips with DT Brown this year - I got a freebie packet and what was it? You guessed it, parsnip seed!

Paulh:

--- Quote from: gray1720 on November 24, 2021, 09:45:04 ---I had to smirk when I placed a late order for parsnips with DT Brown this year - I got a freebie packet and what was it? You guessed it, parsnip seed!

--- End quote ---

Yes, a variety called "Sabre" which have done very well for me. I'd given up growing parsnips but sowed them anyway "as they were there". I will try them again now.

gray1720:
Maybe I should have sown them instead? - I got bugger all from my parsnips, bar the five in pipes at home, and not a single swede either - this after a glut in 2019. Harumph!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version