Produce > Under Glass

Winter Prep

(1/4) > >>

Tee Gee:
Hi all

I have made a start on 'Winter Preparations'

I have lifted a load of plants (spit them if necessary) that have outstayed their current position.

My problem is; still haven't got my garden laid out as I want it, and to be quite honest I am not actually sure what I want! :BangHead:

I want to get my herbaceous border less labour intensive, but this year it just run riot with plants growing much higher than usual.

My Chrysanths are about a foot higher than they normally grow, some new stuff I put in turned out to be either too high or too low growing, and I just didn't like it hence me lifting the amount of plants I did!

My neighbours hedge had grown about two feet thicker resulting in the foliage covering my pot store, so I cut this back to my fence line.(took 25 x 70 litre compost bagful to the tip)

Now that it has been cut back, I will get a lot more light into my greenhouse.

I have erected a mesh fence to hopefully keep the hedge under better control in future.

I have included a few before & after pics below.

saddad:
Still putting the rest of us to shame!

small:
I thought I'd got my big herbaceous border and most of my veg patch ready for winter. Everything cut down that should be cut down, all the weeds out, shrubs and bordering trees all trimmed....
The soil on both areas is completely greened over again, and now it's all covered with silver birch and willow leaves as well. I sometimes wonder why I bother!

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---Still putting the rest of us to shame!
--- End quote ---

Would I do such a thing :angel11: :happy7:

--- Quote ---The soil on both areas is completely greened over again, and now it's all covered with silver birch and willow leaves as well. I sometimes wonder why I bother!
--- End quote ---

Been there done that, but this year I am holding back a bit because of this mild weather, although having said that; I did do the bed under that hedge I cut back this morning as it is in permanent shade now!

Tiny Clanger:
Be ruthless TeeGee. Everything out and then see what you want in there.  Chance to revitalise the whole border and replant in the spring   :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version