Produce > Edible Plants

Autumn Raspberry question

<< < (2/2)

small:
Thanks Beersmith.
I'm sure they are Joan J, I got them about ten years ago from T&M with a tesco boost voucher - what a bargain! I have a row of summer rasps too, they are all prepped and ready for next year with the new canes tied in and the bindweed mastered!  I think I'll try the big chop on the autumn fruiters, you don't know till you try.

Deb P:
Raspberries and weeding…I’ve given up on my raspberry patch this year, despite totally clearing the area of couch by digging it out and creating a new bed the couch just got a hold overwinter and it was impossible to keep clear and weed properly. Raspberries are shallow rooting so it’s really hard to hand weed tgem lroperly. I’m thinking of trying some summer fruiting varieties in a Nuremberg spot with a frame support overwinter. I’ve only ever grown autumn fruiting raspberries, any recommendations for summer fruiting types?

small:
I inherited my summer fruiting canes when we bought next door' garden, they were very old then and barely fruiting, but a good chop back and some TLC and they are soldiering on - no idea of course of their variety.
The rest of my garden is riddled with couch, but the raspberries are free of it, and bindweed comes up really easily though obviously I must leave the odd bit behind! It seems like a minor miracle every year when the canes blossom, though, I do love my raspberries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version