Produce > Edible Plants

Potatoes

<< < (2/5) > >>

saddad:
Glad I'm not the only one who does that (Sunflowers). I have found that Charlotte/Carlingford/Nicola are all ready before the slugs get going and keep well beyond Christmas.

Beersmith:
I think my main problem is wireworm damage.  But added to that is some scab and the inevitable slug damage, and then the blight arrived.  Losses were well above average. Quite bad on the kestrel and Charlotte, but I'd also tried a few Vivaldi.  They were absolutely dreadful.  Not a good year at all.  I'll be checking my records and trying to use a bit of the plot that has not grown spuds for a few years for next season.

saddad:
Have they got a nematode for wireworms? I don't have an issue with them so haven't looked.

small:
I let the self set marigolds and evening primrose flourish in my potato patch this year. Come digging up time I had trouble finding the haulms! And now of coutse every drop of rain fetches up another forest of seedlings....

Beersmith:

--- Quote from: saddad on September 20, 2021, 14:06:09 ---Have they got a nematode for wireworms? I don't have an issue with them so haven't looked.

--- End quote ---

Good suggestion. I'll have a browse.

I have found the AHDB pages on potato problems. It's terrifying. There are literally dozens of diseases and I'm now convinced my spuds have got most of them!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version