Author Topic: Tomato leaf problems  (Read 1866 times)

Tantalus

Tomato leaf problems
« on: September 02, 2021, 14:30:05 »
I seem each year to get problems with tomato’s, the leaves start to curl and they look a purplish colour. They continue to fruit well and I know it is not blight as my local expert has looked at them but he is baffled. Any help please!

Tantalus

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Tomato leaf problems
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 15:31:09 »
I had the same problem with one tomato plant in a container, but it made no difference to the very good crop it produced. In fact, it was the only plant I had which did not succumb to blight and all the tomatoes actually ripened on the plant!

Tricia  :wave:

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 15:57:40 »

Tantalus

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 17:51:11 »
Thanks for trying to help but it looks as if I will still have to search for the answer. None of the pictures seem to fit and none of them have the purple tinge that I mentioned.

Tantalus

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 17:58:22 »
This might help? Found online…

“Tomato plant leaves will turn purple due to a phosphorus deficiency. This can happen if the soil lacks phosphorus or if the plant cannot absorb enough phosphorus from the soil due to a pH imbalance. Purple leaves on tomato plants due to phosphorus deficiency is more common in cold soil (below 60 degrees Fahrenheit).”
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal