Author Topic: Cat problem  (Read 5409 times)

tomjett

Cat problem
« on: September 24, 2022, 14:53:10 »
We have a couple of kittens, well i say kittens there about 8 months old now. But they have a tendency to eat our plants. Im not sure why but they do, is there anything i can do to stop them from doing this?

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Cat problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 16:35:34 »
Not easily. We have one who has done that for the last 13 years. He has survived. Generally they do not eat things which are bad for them. Just don't grow any Lilies though.
See if this site can give advice.
https://thecatsite.com/
Gardening is the great leveller.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 20:59:21 »
In general, cats and dogs eat plants to help them sick up hair balls so you could try different approaches:-

Give them their own grassy plants in a pot to chew.

Brush them a couple of times a week to remove excess loose fur.   They'll love the attention!
Obxx - Vendée France

tomjett

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 21:24:48 »
In general, cats and dogs eat plants to help them sick up hair balls so you could try different approaches:-

Give them their own grassy plants in a pot to chew.

Brush them a couple of times a week to remove excess loose fur.   They'll love the attention!

I like that idea, to give them their own plants in a pot to chew. I might give that a go thankyou

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 13:29:56 »
Children seeds used to do a special mix of seeds specifically for cats to eat, I don’t know if they still do it?!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 15:54:16 »
I wish our plant eating cat would allow himself to be brushed. He has refused point blank since he was first brought home. Now his brother................You could brush him until he was bald, but them he does not eat plants.
Hope you find a working solution. It is quite a worry when you see them chewing away on things.
Gardening is the great leveller.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal